Organization

TSDA/TCDA Board of Directors Meeting from Jul. 3, 2019

CONFERENCE CALL



TSDA Directors Meeting
July 3, 2019
Conference Call
Present:  Lurena Bell, Bob Caruthers, Jack Christensen, Steve Drake, Bruce Hawn, Pierce Holt, Jeri Jessee, Brent Phelps, Jo Spurger
The meeting was called to order by Jack Christensen at 7:04 pm
Secretary/Treasurer – Lurena felt we should split the position into two because it is a lot of work for one person.  Jo agreed.  Steve asked if there is one person that will do both and does that make it easier?  Discussion ensued, and it was determined that the two roles would not be split.  Jeri offered to continue as Finance Chairman and to assist the Treasurer with monthly reports or other things as needed.
Jeri made a motion for Vivian Christensen to be Secretary/Treasurer.  Steve seconded the motion and it passed unanimously.
Steve suggested the Board should consider a fee to be paid to the secretary.  This will be discussed at the next meeting.
Lurena asked if the TSDA banners had been located.  Steve stated he had purchased a banner which will hang at the National Finals.
Finals planning
The website for the Finals is:  www.tsdafinals.com
Judges:  Numerous people who might serve as a judge were discussed.  Steve made a motion that Joni Tietjen and Angie Coker-Sells be selected to judge the Finals.  Brent seconded, and the motion passed unanimously.  The Board discussed having a third judge so that the double lift would be judged by two people.  This will be discussed further at the next meeting.
Set out: A couple of different people were discussed and more are to be contacted.  No decision yet.
Sponsorship:   Jack, Jeri and Vivian met with the Stephenville Chamber of Commerce.  The Chamber will help promote the event and will provide information on various vendors such as caterers.  Jeri reported $1300 has been raised for handler/dog teams:  $300 Open, $300 Nursery and $700 Ranch.  Buckles and ribbons are fully sponsored.
Hospitality:  Jo is coordinating Hospitality.  Bob, Steve and Lurena agreed to sponsor the tent. Depending on the layout of the fields, we may need two.
Silent Auction:  Lurena volunteered to coordinate. 
Pierce and Deana Holt will donate the table and chairs
Jo suggested we need an emcee and PA system.  Lurena has a system she will bring.
Next meeting will be August 7 at 7:00 pm.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:12 pm.
Submitted by Jeri Jessee

Vivian Christensen - Jul. 3, 2019